Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The cool artificial Island of Odaiba - Minato, Tokyo, Japan

Hey!
Odaiba is a huge artificial island that is in Tokyo Bay. You can find many things to do there for all ages and is just fun to walk around at! I walked around a lot for an entire afternoon but still wasn't enough!

From the Island you get a great view of Tokyo and the Rainbow Bridge. If you wait to the evening when the sun sets you can watch the sun set behind the huge city!

Photobucket

Before I crossed over I did some walking since someone told me that it was really nice to walk the Rainbow Bridge over but I ended up deciding to get on the rail over since I was already tired of long walks haha

Photobucket

Lots of great things are over on the island and they are still building it up. This is Fuji Television Headquarters that was designed by Kenzo Tange. It is really unique in the way it looks! Also it is big when you get up close!

Photobucket


Yes they have a replica Statue of Liberty on the island on the water front by Fuji Television. Go by and take a look and no it is no where near the size of the real deal. Now I have been to two of them!

Photobucket

This was the better looking statue that I went to. I love Gundam and this was just fantastic! I have more pictures of the RX-78-2 that will have it's own post along with the Gundam Front Exhibit on the top floor or the Diver City Tokyo Plaza!

Photobucket

Looking out over Rainbow Bridge and the Statue of Liberty

Photobucket Photobucket

There is a nice beach that a lot of couples, families and friends were sitting at enjoying company and watching. It was a Sunday so the island was very busy with all of the malls and shopping!

Photobucket

I awkwardly sat alone next to these two girls that took a seat next to me. I smiled and greeted them and they looked at me with a funny grin and started to giggle and ignore me haha

Photobucket

I wish I could go back and spend a nice day with friends  there one day! It was fun but I am sure way more fun with someone. Also I would love to walk over and watch the sun set on the city and check out the bridge light up at night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment