Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Cup Noodle Museum - Yokohama, Japan

Hey!
So while in Tokyo staying at the Sakura Hostel in Asakusa, the staff members walked over to me and handed me and my friend tickets for free admission into the cup noodle Museum that is located in Yokohama. I was hesitant at first about it and it was a day trip away from Tokyo to go. She was already planning a trip outside of Tokyo and she asked me and another girl there if we wanted to go to Yokohama with her. I said why not and go to the museum while we are there! The staff at the Sakura Hostel in Asakusa are very nice and I thank you guys!! Also thanks to my friend Ari, for if he didn't leave with his fiance to northern Japan then I wouldn't have the tickets given to the girl and I! Anyways, I will have a separate post on my day spent in Yokohama, here goes the Cup Noodle Museum!


Photobucket

Lucky me, there was a book in English!

Photobucket

So we actually paid a little more, I think it was 300-400 Yen to do the "My Cup Noodle Factory" where you design your Cup Noodle cup, pick out the seasoning, four toppings to go in and then seal it up for eating later! Check out the cup you start with!

Photobucket 

My ticket to get in and also do My Cup Noodle!

Photobucket

It was so much sitting there with her and just drawing and coloring away on our cups!


Photobucket

On the middle part that holds the markers it also shows things to pick for when you need to fill it up!

Photobucket

Nice large size room for plenty of people to create there cups!

Photobucket

The room next door, which is a little more expensive to do, you get to actually make ramen noodles from scratch! Reservation I think is accepted!

Photobucket

The conveyor belt of noodles ready to be dropped into your cup...

Photobucket

Her's and mine with noodles inside!

Photobucket

Turn the wheel and the noddles fall in...

Photobucket

I picked curry flavoring, pork, crab, onion and what ever the cute little chicks were!

Photobucket

Sealing the top on for you...

Photobucket

Here is my cup all sealed in plastic ready for storage or eating!

Photobucket

You actually get to package it to get it home safely before you crush it...

Photobucket

Place the cup inside the balloon and inflate it with a hand held pump for protection!

Photobucket

An inflated kettle showing the world! The world runs on Ramen!

Photobucket

Time line of Cup Noodles!

Photobucket Photobucket

This is a recreation of the shake that the creator of the Cup Noodle studied and found the way of the Cup Noodle!

Photobucket

Up on the second to top floor is a street like display with little window shops with all kinds of noodle vendors. The creator traveled the world trying different kinds of noodles to get ideas!

Photobucket

We shared a bowl of Pho which is a Vietnamese noodle soup! Super tasty!

Photobucket

They have a great gift shop and the coolest thing I saw was this Cup Noodle Candle, we asked if it was scented any particular way and it's just plain haha

Photobucket

The Cup Noodle Museum was really fun with lots of cool exhibits. If you happen to make a stop within Yokohama drop on by! Especially if you have free passes!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, Now I remember that such place existed, darn I wished I visited the place on my last trip, oh well ill jot it down for the future.
    I learn t about it in class and its importance of it.

    ReplyDelete