Thursday, November 22, 2012

Azalea Bonsai Exhibit at Ueno Park - Part 1

When I visited Tokyo and went to Ueno park, post here, I was able to catch a special Bonsai exhibit near the fountains by the museums. All of them were Azalea's, check out my azaleas here
They were all really fantastic and nice to look at. A lot of people my age walked by them and didn't pay any mind but all the older Japanese folk stopped and were taking pictures like I was or talking among themselves deciding which might be the best technique in the designs. I love all bonsai and plants but somethings are breathtaking to what you can manipulate a plant to do and show. Yo can put an entire story into or a landscape and it fit in a pot not larger then 12" X 12". I got big into bonsai and I have a few small ones but these are great! Also these are way older then me by probably another 40 years. I have two posts since there were so many to see so sit back and enjoy them, the next post will come out in a few days. Also as a side note, there is not a normal azalea that has multiple color leaves, like some leaves are white then the rest or pink. They were grafted onto the azalea and there are of course hybrid ones as well ^^

The colors are great in this one.

Photobucket Photobucket 
A bright pink...

Photobucket

The levels to this is nice.

Photobucket

I absolutely love the bonsai's that use rocks like this. This is just fantastic and lots of work. It takes time and dedication to do something like this. trying to find the right rock to portray what you want to show and then how you want he plant to fall or stand.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

These flowers look a lot different then the other ones, but still really nice.

Photobucket

I wasn't feeling this to much haha

Photobucket

REMEMBER more is to come!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment