Monday, August 6, 2012

Tōfuku-ji Temple - Kyoto Japan

Hey everyone.
Today I will share with you guys Tofuku-ji Temple in Kyoto. It was founded in 1236 and burned down and rebuilt in the 15th century and is one of the five temples that are of the Five Mountain System. It is also a Kyoto Gozan or "Five great Zen temple of Kyoto."
The main gate is the oldest sanmon gate in Japan.
I hear that this temple looks spectacular in the Autumn since the grounds have a ton of Maple Trees, try to go!
I did not get to many pictures as when my friend and I were here we got there when there were only 40 minutes left for it to be open!

Tsūten-kyō is the name of the bridge that is over a stream and over looks the Maple trees.

Photobucket Photobucket

I hope one day I can go again and spend more time looking at all of the grounds.

Photobucket 
My ticket and information!

Photobucket 
Photobucket

Photobucket

The main hall...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

On the bridge...

Photobucket

The zen gardens here are quite magnificent to see...

Photobucket Photobucket

You can sit down and enjoy the beauty and relax...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Up above the trees is the bridge over looking...

Photobucket Photobucket
info from Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment