Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Lovely Arashiyama - Arashiyama, Kyoto, Japan

Arashiyama is such a great trip from the central part of Kyoto! It is in the western district of Kyoto hugging the sides of the mountains with the Oi River snaking on by. It is great to go any time I would say. I hear that It is gorgeous during the fall with the foliage changing into colors and also the Cherry Blossoms of the Spring season coming through. The sky was blue about till 2pm for me that day with puff clouds!
More from Arashiyama, check out the Moon Crossing Bridge/Togetsukyo Bridge post here

Here you will see the Oi River next to the mountain side...

Photobucket

Best way to go to Arashiyama that I mentioned in previous posted on it is by Raden or the Electric Street car. Since I came from Northern Kyoto I rode my bike to the intersection of Imadegawa and Nishioji Dori where the station is. Can't miss the grocery store called Izumiya next to it. 

Photobucket

Walking along the Oi River where you can get a ride on a boat...

Photobucket



Photobucket 

The bamboo of Sagano, another must to check out!

Photobucket 

The park up on the mountain side was not crowded at all when I was there with the couple I met earlier in my travels.

Photobucket 

Oi River snaking through the mountain sides...

Photobucket 

Bamboo Groves of Sagano...
Click here to see a post just for the grove

Photobucket Photobucket 

Walking through the bamboo that day I saw lots of school groups and this pre-school or elementary school group was so cute with their colorful hats!

Photobucket Photobucket 

Ever wanted to ride on a rickshaw where they pull you around for your pleasure? I didn't try it since it is a little out of my budget but if you are with a special someone and have the time go for it!

Photobucket

Yum Ice cream, the girl looks impatient...

Photobucket 

Stop by the famous small Shrine of Nonomiya Shrine, its quaint and nice to view

Photobucket 

These lovely statues are on the side of the street :)

Photobucket
info from wikipedia

2 comments:

  1. Arashiyama is a Gem, absolutely beautiful place to visit and escape the busy Kyoto although Arashiyama can also get crowded ^^

    Loved your pictures way better than what I manage to take ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pictures are alright ^^
      When I got there it wasn't crowded but it soon got full of people!

      Delete