Saturday, August 24, 2013

Car Accident!?!?!

So few weeks ago I ended up in a car accident. Was pretty freaky as my co-worker and I ended up into a Jersey wall on a bridge over the James River. Lucky we didn't go over and I only had slight injuries; whip lash and something with my back. Anyways glad to say that I can walk and go on about things. Puts things in perspective and realize how much more there is to do in life. I am only 23 and I still feel like I haven't done but so much which is fine because according to medicine and future technologies I should have no problem going for another 75 years! Hopefully I wont be working for those 75 years but working for awhile is still fine by me.
Talking about my job, I realized that I do a ton of riving and riding. I travel all over the state or the city for inspections, water samples, drilling and digging and it has added up to quite a bit of mileage. Since January I have traveled about 14,000 miles (maybe a tad more) and 9,500 on my personal vehicle. That's at least 23,500 miles or 37,819.5 kilometers! That is only 7 months and to go around the Earth is 24,900 miles.
So I went camping a few weeks ago up in Shenandoah and had a great time. It rained a little bit but we still had a great time and she didn't get cold at night, unlike last time. Tried to go camping at the beach at First Landing State park but all the camping sites were booked.
I haven't mentioned this yet but my girlfriend and I had been working on a site about Asian foods. We love trying new foods and we like Asian culture so this is what we came up with. I like reviewing different drinks and snacks and such and she is in school to be a chef so enjoys making recipes and cooking meals! We need to get on the ball with it a little more and I will admit that I have been slack with putting new things on the blog here but I haven't been out to take pictures a lot recently and just to tired when I get home. They work me to dang hard! The name of the site is noodlestotea.blogspot.com and if I get a decent response from it I probably will make it noodlestotea.com

Other big news, since I do enjoy Asian cultures and Japan especially I booked myself another trip in November and can not wait for it! Planning on checking out more gardens and temples which is my absolute highlight of my trip! I am currently reading a book called Zen at Daitoku-ji which is really interesting. I stayed right down the street from there last time but I want to go back after reading this.
How is everyone else Summer going? Mine is hot and humid with plenty of rain. I work outside so it is getting to me a little bit and I almost miss the freezing cold now. Funny thing is I think I am steadily getting use to it.
Well look forward to the pictures from the mountain I should have them up before to long! I'm going to the park today and doing some Mini-Putt tomorrow with friends!
Catcha Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment