Monday, March 11, 2013

Yokohama China Town

My travels in Japan lead me to a day trip from Tokyo to Yokohama where you can find Japan's largest china Town and also the largest China town in Asia (which I didn't know). It has a history of 150 years and there still lives Chinese there. It still has 250 stores at least and is really interesting place to go to. 

This is the goodwill gate that was built and established here for people to come and go.

Photobucket


There are tons of stores that served Chinese food waiting for customers. They have a display out front much like many places in Japan. Sure look yummy.

Photobucket Photobucket

I have only been in Chinatown in Washington D.C. and Philadelphia and this is definitely the top one. 

Photobucket

If you cook with Chinese products stop here and grab some!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Haha I loved the lanterns that were hanging all over the place.

Photobucket

There is so much yummy in this window that I want to munch now...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I think this boy is hugging a dumpling?

Photobucket Photobucket

I was with Rika and Lindsay who are from Taiwan and they stopped me here because those red and blue flags hanging above are Taiwan's.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Most menus are like this. If you can not read it and can get an idea and pick what "looks" good, that's how I did it haha.

Photobucket

This is Kanteibyo, a Chinese Temple that was erected in 1873 by the Chinese population there. You can find it within the Chinatown. It is dedicated to the Chinese god of prosperity and business.

Photobucket Photobucket

Are these dragons?

Photobucket

Lots of Red and Gold inside, was very different from Japanese Temple's.

Photobucket Photobucket

This was huge crow that was sitting there watching us go by. It was really creepy.

Photobucket

There was a Hello Kitty in this store building!

Photobucket Photobucket

Hope you enjoyed it, info from Wikipedia and japan-guide.com

1 comment:

  1. It brings back memories from my first visit back in 2008. Love the colors and it seems you did a thorough visit!

    ReplyDelete