Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Graffiti of Belle Isle

Hey Everyone!
Well I took some photographs of the graffiti on Belle Isle and figured I dump them in their own post for everyone to see. Richmond sure has its share of graffiti all over the city. The other post is here.

Graffiti in the secret tunnel...
Photobucket

Camera on a skateboard?

Photobucket Photobucket

I liked the intricate design in the left side...

Photobucket


Hmmm very mature....

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket 

If you haven;t noticed, I like trees so I took this...

Photobucket 

No stairs to get up there, they must fly up there!

Photobucket

I thought that skeleton was funny, they painted it leaning up against the wall!

Photobucket Photobucket 

Oh snap, we better prepare!

Photobucket Photobucket

I always thought that it would be an interesting experience watching someone "tag" something. How they get the shadowing and colors so smooth with something like a spray paint can is pretty awesome.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

an octopus with a top hat and mustache? I'll dig it

Photobucket Photobucket

Also people use stencils to spray into.

Photobucket Photobucket

Definitely a stencil, and this isn't the only time that I have seen a dinosaur!

Photobucket

taken with EOS T3i with EF 18-55mm IS II lens

2 comments:

  1. As much as this can be perceived as vandalising, you got to admit its quite beautiful and well art, I for sure wouldnt mind seeing a few grafitti here and there well that is if its nice haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea true, there is a lot of "vandalism" but a lot of it is tasteful and looks cool haha. Most of the places in the photos get tagged all the time and they paint over it only to get more graffiti

      Delete