Monday, April 2, 2012

My Grandmother

Hey Everyone.
So this post is for my grandmother.
On March 28th, 2012 (this past Wednesday) she past away after what seamed like years of cheating death. It was my fathers mother and she was 80 years old. She is from Brunswick County, Virginia, the country of Virginia. She was married to my grandfather for 62 years and he is still with us. She was only a few months older than him. I am happy to say  that she was sleeping when she stopped breathing and passed away in a peaceful state.
She was the kindness person you would have ever met. I don't think I can ever picture her without a smile on since she always had one. She cared about everyone she met, that see knew and all of her family. I wish I could learn more about her and what it was like out there. She had some amazing cooking and everyone in the family says that if you are from Brunswick County you can cook and I can believe that.
She would always ask how my friends were doing even though I haven't seen them in a long time, she cared and she loved.
She has fought off lots of medical problems for years and had heart surgery years back. She was diagnosis with a baseball sized aneurysm on her heart last spring and they said that she could die in an instant at anytime if it burst. They said maybe till the Summer is what she had left but we had her for another year.
I wont lie, that was the first funeral that I have attended and it was draining and upsetting. Most upsetting was seeing my grandfather cry. I have seen him do it before from frustration when he got paralyzed but this was totally different. I could not image losing someone that you have loved and been with for the past 62 years to leave your side. It was a joyous occasion as friends and family came together to eat and laugh and enjoy our company as we remembered someone that had a significant impact in their lives. That brought joy to them through her kindness and smile.
I will miss you and will remember you grandma.


Our family and a lot of other friends and family donated a lot of gorgeous flowers to the service and I appreciated them all. They were beautiful and smelled wonderful and she enjoyed her garden. She will be happy to have them. I am adding flowers below that I knew she would have loved to see. These are flowers that have been on her before and have not.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket 





Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
From part 2
From part 2
From part 2
From part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment