Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Out to Maymont on a Chilly day!

Hey Everyone!
I went out last Friday after my class in the morning to take some photos with the T3i but boy it was was chilly! Out of the time I was there I saw two other couples and that was all the people I saw, it was around 36 degrees out with some wind so I didn't stay to long since holding a camera in the wind without gloves was getting a little cold!
Anyways enjoy some of these photos!     PhotobucketPhotobucket

I really love Ivy, especially if it crawls up an old building which you see sometimes around the city.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I enjoy some of the creative uses of the T3i like intense effect with a blurred background which made this photo seam more "intense" haha

Photobucket

I used the Vivid creative selection for this  one and it seamed to really draw more green out on that cloudy sad looking day 

Photobucket

Beech trees have lots of great roots sometimes but they are a tree that are notorious for having people carve names and other symbols into...

Photobucket Photobucket

I came across a bird's nest that fell out of a tree right onto the path in the Japanese garden, could not resist a quick photo...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Lion statue taking a nap under some bamboo...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

the Bamboo roots were interesting and demanded me to take a photograph...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Some flowers are budding out a little early on this tree. I'm in a class called Economic Botany this semester and we are currently learning details about flowers, leaves and other parts of the plant. I'm quite enjoying it :D 

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

This shrub had a gorgeous color of flowers on it couldn't resist 

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

One other tree had some flowers on it as well!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

The vines are all cut back and volunteers are cutting the grass at the Italian Gardens

  Photobucket

Thought this was interesting and took it in black and white...

Photobucket

Hope you enjoyed them everyone!
If you like you can follow me/add me on Facebook as well here

No comments:

Post a Comment