Thursday, February 14, 2013

Heian Jingu Shrine Gardens - Kyoto


So I went to the Heian Jingu Shrine in Kyoto a second time the second to last day I was in Japan. I went with a girl that I had met in Tokyo and we went to the gardens because that is a place that we never went too yet and she had been in Kyoto for  looong time. Anyways here is the link to the original time that I went.
There are four gardens; the west, south, center and east gardens. Anyways check out the pictures and enjoy them!


Photobucket 
Check out the ticket that I got for my visit!!

Photobucket

It is such a gorgeous design and I love the red/orange color. 

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

this apparently is the oldest train car in Japan, at least I think that is what I read in my book.

Photobucket

It is such a great strolling gardens.

Photobucket

Which way to follow?

Photobucket

I was glad that it was a nice day, I had to many over cast days haha.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

The ponds had lots of carp/koi and the lilies were wonderful to see.

Photobucket Photobucket

Here is me and Rika walking on the wooden bridge, the irises were so purple!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

There were still field trips with school in the Summer, here were a few school guys hoping some stones.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

That is the Shobi-kan by the pond Seiho-ike in the eastern gardens.

Photobucket
That is the Taihei-kaku which is a cypress shingled roof  that was once on the Kyoto Imperial Palace grounds.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

This last building in the Eastern gardens is the Saikan.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

The gardens are great and if you stop at the Shrine then go to the gardens!!!!!

Photobucket

info from
http://www.heianjingu.or.jp/english/

No comments:

Post a Comment