Wednesday, December 19, 2012

SMC Takumar 55mm 1:2 Screw Mount Lens

So I have been wanting a Prime lens for a while again. I bought one when I went to Japan the Canon 50mm 1.8 lens but sold it on my return since I found I was not using it much anymore. Now I want a fast prime lens once again. I, for the fun of it, placed a bid and won for a few dollars this lens, the SMC Takumar 55mm f2 lens. I was hoping for a 50mm and perhaps smaller aperture but I don't mind this since I spent so little for it. The optics are great and it is fun working with a manual lens again. The build of it feels solid since it is all metal and it is a lot smaller then my other lenses that I have. I also have a m42 to EF lens mount that I got for a buck that makes it usable on my T3i. Anyways I took a few pictures of the lens and then some more pictures of me using/testing it out. I think I still would love the Canon 50mm 1.4 Ultrasonic lens. Still would like a fast auto focus lens haha. Take a look!


Photobucket
I can get really close to my subjects with it which is nice.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

On my way out the door, I came across my kitties sleeping together which is rare!

Photobucket

Looked like a depressed sleepy face.

Photobucket 

There is Midna awake and alert now at the sound of my shutter.

Photobucket 

Our Christmas Tree! I will be sure to take more pictures of it for you guys!

Photobucket Photobucket

that morning we had a lot of frost all over the place. Gave me a chance to take some chilling photos!

Photobucket

Some old Pepsi bottles that I have out back. They were limited editions since they were made for the anniversary of the state of Virginia. 

Photobucket Photobucket

Are Azaleas felt the cold too...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I was surprised I was able to get this close to the woodpecker on our bird feeder, he was munching away!

Photobucket

Thanks for taking a look people!

No comments:

Post a Comment