Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Working at Grandparents

Hey everyone!
It has been a while since I last updated my blog with a refresher on my life.
So now that I have more free time I can now say what I have been up to this summer.
As you know, I was doing Physics 2 and Meteorology this summer and I finished up just this past Thursday. I got an A on the exam in Physics and the project in Meteorology looked well and I seam to be pulling off an A in that class. I am now trying to work full time at my internship but currently I don't have anything to do and no one has anything on their plates to pass off so that is why I'm blogging!
I just got back yesterday from Maryland, I had gone to North eastern part of Maryland where the top of the Chesapeake bay starts to my grandparents has from Friday to Monday. They gave me a job where I was to clean their house (they have vinyl siding), clean the gutters, and paint their garage. I even did some extra work like removing tons of vines from their fence that they want removed. It was hard work and I didn't get to finish as my wrist was acting up. I still need to make an appointment to fix the issue :/
We had a good time and it was a nice visit! I came back yesterday and got home in under 3 hours, new record. D.C. traffic was freaking fantastic that day. I took photos of some of my jobs and when I went hiking out to Turkey Point Lighthouse. Look forward to that post.
I currently have a back up on some photo posts, but you can't complain. I put a lot out last week that was in my back log. I have my photo walk journal thing of my day at Summer school, some flowers that I have been meaning to post, and this past weekend I need to go over and edit.
I have two figure reviews that I need to upload as well and another figure that I need to do a photo shoot that arrived yesterday!
I currently have been helping my girl friend working on her costume for Otakon that is only 2 weekends AWAY!!! I'm excited, I really am. We are going to have a great time and I am going to be taking a TON of photos. Time to pull out the 32GB SD card haha.
I need to work on a model that I want to submit into the contest. Problem is that I haven't done much yet with it and I am planning on hand painting the entire thing and I have 9 days left!!!!!
I can't really work much on it tonight or tomorrow night as I have to go in at my stocking job. grr. and I said I'd help work on her costume Thursday night, Friday night is my sisters Birthday party and I might have time this weekend. I hope. I might not stress and just submit only one this year. BUT I WANNA TRY!!!
On to some sad news. My other grandmother, my dad's mother isn't currently doing to well. She is in the hospital and has been for about 2 weeks now. She has had an artificial heart for a while. She had her first heart surgery in 1980 and the second in 1995 I think. She has an aneurysm on her heart that is roughly the size of a softball. It is leaking and it really is only a matter of time before she passes. I rarely see my father tear up, but my mother said that she has seen him tear up recently on occasion. My sister and I haven't been as close to those grandparents as we have been with the ones that live in Maryland but they live the closest. They live not much farther from my internship in south side of Richmond. She has decided that she wants to go home and spend her last days there rather then the hospital. I don't blame her. She needs home and her husband. She is by far the nicest person that I have ever met and makes the best rolls that I have ever tasted. I'll be visiting her sometime again this week. My aunt will be watching her till she passes as she needs full time care since she can't really move anymore. She is extremely week and surgery was not going to happen because of this. I'm starting to tear up at work...
Pray if you will for her, one of the nicest persons alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment