Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day ~Longwood Garden Flowers Part 1~

Hey everyone!
I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Valentines Day everyone!!
Here is a little back ground on this day of love straight from Wikipedia:

Saint Valentine's Day, commonly shortened to Valentine's Day, is an annual commemoration held on February 14 celebrating loveand affection between intimate companions. The day is named after one or more early Christian martyrs, Saint Valentine, and was established by Pope Gelasius I in 496 AD. It was deleted from the Roman calendar of saints in 1969 by Pope Paul VI, but its religious observance is still permitted. It is traditionally a day on which lovers express their love for each other by presenting flowers, offeringconfectionery, and sending greeting cards (known as "valentines"). The day first became associated with romantic love in the circle ofGeoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished.

I will post about my weekend and such but today I am bringing everyone flowers!
Not physically but I have the first part of my flower photos from Longwood ! Yeah (and about time!)



First thing right off the bat. I really should have written down the names of the flowers or at least take photos of the name plate. Now that it has been over a month I really don't remember so I will name them the best I can as we go :)

Some closed
Now opened

I love this photo. It really looks like a black and white photo that had the yellow flowers painted in but I haven't changed any part of the photo. That is the natural color shot that I took and it came out great.









Samshio ©

Well this is just the first part as I didn't want to shove 40 photos in the first post haha.
Look forward to some more photos of Longwood that have been long over due and part 2 post will be even better!

Remember have a great Valentine's Day everyone! Spread the LOVE!!!!
I hope you like them and

No comments:

Post a Comment