Monday, July 19, 2010

Nexus One dead

Well Google is finally going to stop selling their phone, Nexus One, made by HTC off there online store. I have talked about this phone and how cool it was back during spring break. This phone is pretty much outdated with some of the newer phones out there on the market. I did like the design and liked the idea of the direct influence of Google with it.
Speaking of phones, yesterday at church I finally saw someone who actually had a Kin 1. She bought the biggest flop in the mobile market this year. Now I can say though that I knew someone who actually bought one and uses it. You can actually get them pretty much anywhere now for $1 with a 2 year agreement with Verizon. Microsoft had a big set back with that, but Windows Mobile 7 phones that were coming later this year will be fantastic as so I have heard. They will kinda have the same interface as a Zune HD, which the Kin also had but I think a lot better.
This weekend I finally got my girl friend to watch a few Studio Ghibli films and she is proud to say she likes them. We watched Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. She enjoyed them and I am working on get the others for her to see. I do have all the Ghibli films on my laptop but she doesn't like watching with English subs so I will have to find another file or rent out the DVD. She also watched Steam Boy but didn't like it as much as the other two. Steam Boy is written and created by Katsuhiro Otomo, the creator of Akira, so it broke my heart that she didn't like it as much. I'll live. I finally found an anime series that she was getting into, Samurai Champloo. I would recommend it to anyone, except the younger folk!
I posted a few more links in the Movie section that will link to new photos of the Chicago set of Transformers 3, another pic from Thor and the link to the Green Lantern photos since they took them down so I figure I just link them. I posted a link to a photo album from the Tokyo Toy Show, it is surprising how many things I see at the show that are not really kid oriented but more like figures for display. I posted a few links i n the links page for place that I follow and I still have my left side bar on the page sitting at the bottom on my main page. It is in the right place with all the other pages except for the main page.
Further, I am working on a Nissan Leaf article that my girl friend wanted me to follow so I will put that in the follow page when I get the links and insert it in. After using a lot of my other bogs that are pretty much the same, I can say that I will probably be using this exclusively now. If this happens to crash or Google trashes Blogger (doubt it though) I will use the Wordpress blog.
Well, I really have nothing else to say, it was a bland weekend and I realized that I don't have that many weekends left of summer. dang!
Seya!

Edit: My left side bar is actually on the left now! Bye now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment