Wednesday, June 16, 2010

From a Fish man, to creating a great invention: Kevin Costner

How Kevin Costner Went From Fish-Man to Oil Spill Expert

This article I happened to just pass looking through the news and if you have ever seen The PostMan or Waterworld, then you have heard of Kevin Costner. I loved those movies and he is a great actor, but it shows recently, past 15 years, that he has been working on a machine that separates oil from the water. His brother and him thought of this idea back when the Exxon Valdez had its disaster, and when they made it, there was hardly no need for it till now. Apparently BP has ordered 26 of them, the machine has failed the initial testing but Costner said that it has all the adjustments. It also gives a purer payload of the oil then what they have been getting from cleaning it up. I find this funny because his enemy (Dennis Hopper played the part and also recently died and was a great actor also!) in Waterworld, lives on a oil tanker and I actually think, if you notice in the movie, that the name of the tanker is the Valdez that had the oil spill. So in the end, Costner is fighting against oil in his movie and in life. Well played my friend. Well played.

Side note: See Waterworld if you have not. They spent so much money on the film and barley made up for it but its good. Also, The Postman. Do it. I have a digital copy. Watch them plz.

Anyways, hardly got any sleep last night. I woke up at 4:20 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. I tried to find someone that I met in Ireland back in 2005. I only had a first name but I managed to find her online. Am I good, or am I good? I'm good. Regardless, I found her and sent a message, she probably forgot who I am as she was visiting there also from Denmark. After I found her I picked up on Wind Waker (The Legend of Zelda title for the Game Cube) and continued from where I left off like a year ago. The graphics are odd, but hey I bought the game and I heard it was good. It is the only Zelda Game since Ocarina of Time that came out for the non-portable console that I have yet finished. LOL. I am going to be so tired later today as I have work at retail later tonight. Also, I have family coming in tomorrow, grandparents that I just visited but a few days ago in Maryland and my aunt from New York. She is the one that I haven't seen in a long time. I was notified that I can pick up my kitten at any time, but I really don't want to bring home the kitten because when my grandparents get here they will bring their poodle, Joy, down. >_> dog is retarded. Well, kitten will be brought home on Monday!!!!!
My sister is graduating on Saturday and that is why family is coming back down. My aunt never came for my graduation....either of the graduations.
VCU sucks in the Undergraduates Admissions Office. Just because.
One more thing, I like my job here for the Environmental company. They are flexible, nice people, and they are getting me lunch fro the second day in a row!!! Ballin'

Seya till tomorrow probably!

No comments:

Post a Comment