Monday, February 3, 2014

Nishiki Market - Kyoto, Japan

Nishiki Market is an open air market where there is a lot of hustle and bustle. It is loaded with foods!It is a narrow five block long "road" with over a hundred restaurant/shops. It also is know as "Kyoto's kitchen". They have a lot of sea food and you can even find some produce that is local. You can find some samples and they even sell food on sticks ready to eat. I got like 5 different things and they were delicious tasting. My girlfriend would have loved it!
It has a colored window lining the entire length above much like Terimachi street that is a covered mall. 

 photo DSCF3517_zps9bdbf5e0.jpg
I stopped at this booth because they had tea. It was the only one that I could find and I went on 3 different occasions. I got Green tea with roasted rice. I tried to get powdered tea "Matcha" but they were out of it.
He is putting it and sealing it in a bag for me right now!

 photo DSCF3516_zpsf0f92b86.jpg

Here is some sea food shops that have tiny dried fish, at least that is what I think it is.

 photo DSCF3515_zps02042260.jpg

This made me really hungry when I saw all of these foods!!

 photo DSCF3512_zpsa8662c66.jpg

I got some "meat" here on a stick, wasn't sure what it was but it did not disappoint.

 photo DSCF3510_zps71b3ec1e.jpg

This shop had very fine knives and cooking wear which I am sure were hand made. They were well detailed and the price showed it. People pried themselves on their craft and this was great work.

 photo DSCF3509_zps74bb92b4.jpg

Some cooking pots, all looked amazing!

 photo DSCF3508_zps03419f58.jpg

Some packaged fish and other foods that you can get...

 photo DSCF3506_zpsa8e78af3.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Some info came from japan-guide.com

No comments:

Post a Comment