Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Camping in Shenandoah National Park -Fall '11 (Part 2)

Hey Everyone!
So back with post number 2 of my camping trip then you can look forward to photos from Maymont!
If you didn't read Part 1 click here or click the link on the side.
So this takes place a day later then from the first post, so this is Sunday!


So I took my car out of the camp site to let dad heat up some water so I could get the sun peaking over the mountains as it rose from its slumber. 
Photobucket

Shenandoah Valley was blanketed in a fog that was so aw looking. I thought snow had fallen all over but it was that mornings low fog that covered everything below the mountains.

Photobucket

Sun peaking over Loft mountain behind me and touching the next mountain ridge on its crowns...

Photobucket

Here is a panoramic view for you guys, click it to get to my Photobucket and view the original

Photobucket

Our first hike was Bear Fence which has great views and its a decent short climb with rocks to climb over and you better watch your footing on some of them haha. 

Photobucket Photobucket

I have no clue why this photo is all squeezed but click it and find out what it is!! It is a really cool formation and it is actually the trail!

Photobucket









The bluffs are great for views up there and it is a unique trail up there

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

The trail has some slight climbing on rocks like this right below. I like this trail not for the views but it is also not a usual trail that most are up there.

Photobucket

See! The view is great up here!

Photobucket Photobucket

Loved looking at this evergreen how it has been shaped from the rocks and the winds!

Photobucket

More squished photos.....anyways it is people that I past from the path. That is the best view point on the trail

Photobucket

The moss and the trees and all other nature up there is great to view. Just stop and take a look why don't cha!

Photobucket Photobucket

Big Meadows again! Once again clear skies for the second weekend in a row!

Photobucket Photobucket

I had my hike boots this time and don't have my dad or girl friend so I ventured deep into the marshy areas of the meadows and found some wildlife, vegetation and a water hole! 

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Dad called me over to two deer just laying in the meadow relaxing away from all the visitors. I accidentally provoked them to get up when I got close (4 feet :P)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

At Big Meadows Lodge past the camp ground and such there is a secret gem! There is a walk up a VERY short trail to give you a great view! Take a look below

Photobucket Photobucket

Last stop with out my dad was Dark Hollow Falls! I love this trail and this is the second time in one week!

Photobucket Photobucket

Lucky me there wasn't many people on the trail on the way down so I was able to get some photos!

  PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I had a good ten minutes of no one near the falls before people started to pop out EVERYWHERE. I enjoyed the short time I had alone with the falls. there was no one climbing all over it or people huddling around the pools down at the bottom. 

Photobucket Photobucket

Water coming from a water fall has a unique characteristic about it that can draw me in and just be straight up mesmerize to me. 

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


I hope to get back soon to the mountains! Hope you enjoyed the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment